Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Memory Down-Man Apart

 
A Memory Down is one hell of a band, to put it mildly.  This is yet another band
that I hadn't heard of, until some friends passed it my way, thought I may find some passion in their music, and I must admit, I found more than that.  Their album, titled, MAN APART, blew me away.  Each song, on the eleven-track effort could easily be a single, there is no doubt in my mind about that.  However, I have to pick a favorite, and it is likely the fan favorite as well.  The song, "Long Black Train", is so honest, pure, and emotionally brilliant!  "Looking out my window....suddenly appeared, a long black train.....", I mean, it's so dark and  addicting...awesome vocals!!  Next, you crank up the track, "Despicable".  The song is fast-paced, and catchy....and you get hooked easy on this one.  Another brilliant song on the record is "Soldier", as the guitars march along with the gritty vocals. and the gut wrenching lyrics...talent shines in this one for sure!  Overall, I cannot find a weakness on this record, except for track twelve, which doesn't exist, lol, so....there.  I highly suggest you catch this band live in concert, or you have to do yourself a favor and pick up a copy off Amazon or I-tunes, or wherever else you're able to discover this treasure.  Follow a link below, and you too will find the "long black train".
RATING:9.5/10


                                                                                    Facebook

                                                                                    Amazon MP3

                                                                                    ReverbNation

                                                                                    A Memory Down



 

1 comment:

  1. These guys are truly amazing. We were fortunate enough to see them in Indianapolis last year. You can feel and see the passion for their music and the message they bring. We were able to meet with them after their show and found that they are a great group of guys. I believe everyone should check them out...you will not be disapointed.

    ReplyDelete