Saturday, February 16, 2013

Capture The Crown-Til Death

 
Capture the Crown are one of the most criticized bands I have ever come across in this
industry.  I know people love to call the band "copycats" and a lot of other names, in which you could pretty much imagine are all derogatory.  They do sound similar to bands like Asking Alexandria, Of Mice and Men, I See Stars, and others....however, they have more anger I believe.  Capture The Crown started out as a youtube band, releasing their first single, and music video for a song called, "You Call That A Knife?, This Is A Knife!".  That track is full of rage, anger, and lots of tilted, angst-filled words.  However, today's music, that formula seems to work well.  The album, which was released from Sumerian Records by the way, was released in December of 2012, exclusively to Hot Topic stores in hard copy form, and digitally on I-Tunes.  It is available almost everywhere now, these days.  They did a few lyric videos for songs, and a cover song of Jason Derulo's "In My Head".  This is one fucking bad ass cover track!  It did not make the album, for whatever reason, but it is far perfect for a future "Punk Goes Pop" release, no doubt.  Some of my preferred tracks from TIL DEATH are "OIMATEWTF", "Deja Vu'", "Storm In A Teacup", and "Insomniac".  My top two favorite songs are a heavy ass track called "RVG", which I believe has something to do with revenge, but I have yet to confirm the meaning of the three letters.  The other fave of mine is their current single and music video, "Ladies and Gentlemen.....I Give You Hell".  This is a sick, angry, hell of a song.  I say, take $9.99, go buy this freaking album, and rock out....you will love it, and vent at your own pace....I highly recommend this to anyone who is a fan of hardcore music, like Beartooth, Gift Giver, Hatebreed, Asking Alexandria, I See Stars, Of Mice and Men, Crown The Empire, and more....Alright, 'nuff said....grab a copy, and blast this shit!
RATING: 10/10
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment