Saturday, February 16, 2013

Picture Me Broken-Mannequins


                   Picture Me Broken are back with their second release, this time an EP titled, MANNEQUINS.  This, though being  only four tracks deep, is just as solid as their debut release, WIDE AWAKE, which saw the smash hit "Dearest (I'm So Sorry)" released.  MANNEQUINS is only available digitally, unless you are able to catch them on tour, which is currently set to kick off  within days with One Eyed Doll and OTEP-should be a good show to catch!  The band will admit, the song that's getting the most attention off this EP, and it so happens to be my favorite as well, was not expected to be a single, or to gain as much attention.  That track, the EP title track, "Mannequins", is full of pumped up energy, angst, and lyrically is composed well.  I loved the track the first time through the EP.  I plan to catch them on the OTEP tour, so I hope to get a hold of a hard copy of the EP, if anyone has one....leave me a comment, would love to get a hold of it as soon as possible.  I call it a hobby, lol.  The song that is my least favorite on this effort, has got to be "Torture".  I find this odd, because it is the lead track, the first song on the EP, but it just lacks that "impact" for me, it doesn't really "reel" me into the composition of MANNEQUINS as a whole.  I mean, don't get me wrong, all four songs are good enough for the just under four bucks it costs for the EP, but if you had to leave one out, I would recommend the first track be left off the "team".  Overall, I say the EP is worth it, I wish it was an entire album, but hopefully lead singer, Brooklyn, can get it all back together, and we'll see success rise again, and things will build for an album soon enough.  So, go download this EP, and jam to "Mannequins"!
RATING: 8.5/10

                                                                                   Amazon

                                                                                   Facebook

                                                                                   Twitter

                                                                                   I-Tunes


No comments:

Post a Comment