Saturday, February 9, 2013

Cylew-Not So Sleeping, Not So Beauty


                                   This being an artist's debut album, you're never sure what to expect.  After all, I've been lucky enough to obtain her second release, review it, and loved it!  This debut, though, is darker, more grim, and in my opinion, so much better.  It is like a blend of Sarah McLachlan, Amy Lee of Evanescence, and Tori Amos.  You could also toss in a flare of Within Temptation as well.  The lead track is dim, dark, and beautiful all in one, titled, ""Rival".  "Sinking", the third song on the record, starts to take it up a notch or two.  You can distinctly hear the beats, the guitars and drums unload and rise into a beautiful hook or chorus, done stunningly by Cylew.  This is one of my preferred tracks from the record, no doubt.  "Familiar", to me, if I had to pick one, would be the weakest track, mainly because the arrangement seems a bit off, but overall, I still find myself enjoying Cylew's vocals, and that helps sooth the musical burn.  My favorite song on the album, and I know many would likely agree, is the track, "Dying".  This happens to be the final song on the album, it is lyrically darker than most of her other pieces, and draws you because you become curious as to where all this "sadness" is coming from.  How can such a beautiful voice, be soaring so high about dying?  Cylew pulls this off brilliantly.  Without giving too much away, the final track I would like to review is titled, ""Let It Flow".  Singing about being in hospital rooms, and letting life take it's course sounds grim, but once again, her voice makes the beauty shine through.  Though, like I've said before, every single song I have heard from Cylew, on both of her releases, is amazing.  You can click on a link below to check more out about this talent, or even to purchase an album or two today!!  You cannot wrong with this :)
RATING: 10/10
                                                                          Amazon MP3

                                                                          ReverbNation

                                                                          Facebook

                                                                          Cylew Home Page

No comments:

Post a Comment